Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Deuxième Jour (Second Day)

Tuesday, Aug 17

Today was much less eventful than yesterday, but it was good because we met everyone else in our program. I'd say there are about 20-25 kids altogether in my program and then a group of about 20 girls from Mount Holyoke who are also doing the IEFE (Institut d'études françaises pour les etrangères= institute of French studies for study abroad students).

There are about 5 kids from Montana State University, and two of them are originally from Butte which is cool because that's where my mom is from and one is from Billings where my dad is from! There are another 5 or so kids from University of Washington, 4 or 5 from Geneseo (sp?) in NY, 4 from Loyola in MD and a couple from University of Louisville. I am the only student from Virginia Tech, but I'm not the only one who is alone from their school.

It was a bit sad because the only reason someone recognized VT was because of the April 16th shooting and that's always a bit hard to hear.

Anyway, we took a placement exam this morning and I find out tomorrow which level of presession classes I am in. Then a whole bunch of us went to the city centre again to get more items and more people got phones so now I have more than one phone number in my contacts!

We were going to go to the beach today but then the errands ran late. Classes go til about 1615 on certain days! Ridiculous eh? But Thursday we are definitely going to the beach because it's on our presession schedule.

This weekend we are taking a night tour of the city and then an excursion to Nîmes et Pont du Gard on Dimanche (Sunday), so I'm excited about that. My friend Steph knows someone in Saint-Tropez and we talked about visiting him later but he leaves next week! So he wants to come to Montpellier Thurs/Fri and then take her (and she invited me too) back to Saint-Tropez but that would mean missing the night tour and the excursion to Nîmes. Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment