Wednesday, August 4, 2010

11 Days

The countdown continues...11 days until I depart. It's unreal how close it is. I'm going to be living in another country for FOUR MONTHS WHOOOO!

While I am getting to the point where I am uncontainably excited, I must ask myself, "Where has the summer gone?" It seems to have flown by. It seems only a couple days ago that I was returning from school and awaiting gleefully for my 21st birthday. That quickly passed and now a few short months later, here I am a week and a half away from starting my adventure.

Twitter constantly reminds me that I will be missing football season, thanks to friends who are counting down the days until the Virginia Tech vs. Boise State season opener. And while I know I will be having a blast spending my semester abroad, part of me is sad I won't be at Tech in the fall.

Reason number one is football, of course. I think VT has a lot of potential this year and it would great to go see the Hokies destory Boise State. I mean come on, no one really thinks Boise State is going to win, do they?

Secondly, I am going to be a senior (WHAT?) and I am sad I won't be there for the first semester of senior year. Although I will be a super senior for at least half a year so I will gain a fall (and football season) back.

Thirdly, it would be nice to enjoy finally being 21 at school and being able to go DT like everyone else- especially after football games to celebrate.

And now I am going to stop complaining because I know that I am going to be having more fun in France.

11 DAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment