Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Picture



The picture I used for my background is supposedly (supposably..Friends fans, anyone?) of the French Riviera. Where I'll be isn't considered part of the riviera but there weren't many good pictures of the Montpellier. Rest assured, I will be visiting the riviera while I am there.

The picture in this post is of Villefranche-sur-Mer which is about 4 miles east of Nice. The name is kind of poetic- when it's in French at least. When you literally translate that it means free city on the sea. Why don't we name our towns and cities like that? Like Washington D.C. for example, why isn't it Capital-on-the-potomac? It sounds better. I should have been a city planner.
Anyways, back to Villefrance. It's so picturesque! I love France: everything looks like it was painted from a fairy tale. I mean, there's an actual place called Splendor, France and it looks like the Sound of Music. I'll upload it. I don't know how the layout is going to work so we'll find out!

Okay it's 12:30 and I haven't eaten yet. Must fix that.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make a correction.

    Ville-franche-sur-mer doesn't not mean "free city on the sea." What was I thinking? That was only a week or two after classes ended and I couldn't get it straight- now I haven't been speaking French in a couple months and I can tell the difference. ANYWAY, franche = fresh, not libre (which means free).

    Just to clarify

    ReplyDelete